How to logout messenger on iPhone and Android devices
By reason, many users want to logout of Facebook Messenger. Take a look on the following steps to do in both iOS on iPhone) and Android.
Log out From Messenger through Facebook App on iPhone
- From iOS screen, open Facebook app which is signed in by the corresponding account that you want to logout from Messenger. Next, tap on the hamburger icon located at the bottom to access menu option. Then, tap on Settings & Privacy > Settings, then tap on Security and Login.
- Scroll down to WHERE YOU’RE LOGGED IN section, there will be a list of all the devices and corresponding locations associated with the current account you have logged in. In the case you don’t see your iOS device name within the list, you may need to click on See all to show-up all available devices.
What you need to do now is just tap the vertical three-dots stayed next to the device you want to log out from, and then select Log Out. After that, your account is logged out from the messenger.
How to logout messenger on Android phone?
Thank god! Unlike iOS, you can get your account logged out of messenger without accessing official Facebook app or Messenger app.
- From Android, open Settings, then tap on Apps & notifications. Next, tap on See all <number> apps.
- Scroll down to tap on Messenger –> Tap on Storage & cache –> Tap onClear storage.
- Finally, tap on OK to confirm your action. You are now logout off from messenger.
How to logout your messenger on any devices from Facebook web?
Well, this is so important in many cases. You may left your mobile at home, and don’t want any-one to access your messages. It takes a few second to get your facebook account out of messenger.
The following screenshots were made from Facebook web – Classic design. If you are on new design, the steps might be the same.
- Access Facebook.com through any web-browsers (Google chrome, Safari, Firefox,…) and sign into the corresponding account that you want to disconnect from Messenger.
- Next, click on the down arrow at the top right corner, then click on Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Next step, click on Security and Login from the left side widget. Under Where you’re logged in, there will be a list of all the devices and corresponding locations associated with the current account you have logged in. In the case you don’t see your device name within the list, you may need to click on See all to show-up all available devices.
Now just tap the three dots on the right of a Messenger listing and select Log Out. And you are logged out from messenger app on the targeted devices.